Recipient of the NASI-Reliance Innovation award (2012)
- Best research award from Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (1994)
- P. Kuchroo, V. Dave, A. Kumar, C. Viswanathan and D. Ghosh* (2015) Paracrine factors secreted by umbilical cord-derived MSCs induce angiogenesis in vitro by a VEGF-independent pathway. Stem Cells and Development 24(4): 437-450. (Cited 12) IF 4.2
- A. Das, A.Kumar, N.Patil, C. Viswanathan and D. Ghosh* (2015) Preparation and characterization of silver nanoparticle loaded amorphous hydrogel of carboxymethylcellulose for infected wounds. Carbohydrate Polymers 130, 254–261 (Cited 6) IF 4.07
- B. Bandyopadhyay, A. Thakur, V. Dave, C.Viswanathan and D. Ghosh* (2014) A Non-invasive Method to Evaluate the Efficacy of Human Myoblast in Botulinum-A Toxin Induced Stress Urinary Incontinence Model in Rats. Urology Journal 10, no. 4: 1126-1134. (Cited 1) IF 2.27
- C. Viswanathan, P. Shetty, S. Sarang, K .Cooper, D. Ghosh and A. Bal (2013) Role of cell therapy in non-healing diabetic ulcers in patients with severe peripheral arterial disease – a preliminary report on five cases. The Journal of Diabetic Foot Complications, 2013; Volume 5, Issue 1, 1: 1-14
- B. Bandyopadhyay, V. Shah, M. Soram, C. Viswanathan and D. Ghosh* (2013). In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of L-lactide/ε-caprolactone copolymer Scaffold to support Myoblast Growth and Differentiation. Biotechnology Progress 29:197-205 (Cited 7) IF 2.1.
- D. Ghosh*, P.Kuchroo, C.Viswanathan, S.Sachan, B.Shah, D.Bhatt, S.G.Parasramani and S.Savant (2012). Efficacy and safety of Autologous Cultured Melanocytes delivered on Poly(DL-lactic acid) film (ReliDerm®M) in the treatment of Stable Vitiligo: Results of a prospective open labeled, randomized, multicentre study. Dermatol Surg 10; 1–10 (Cited 4) IF 1.86
- M. Deshpande, S. Tipnis, P. Shetty, D. Ghosh and C. Viswanathan, (2010) Immunologic properties of human dermal fibroblasts. Human Immunology vol. 71, 1089-1098 (Cited 7) IF 2.87.
- D. Ghosh*, S. Shenoy and P. Kuchroo. (2008) Cultured Melanocytes: From skin biopsy to transplantation. Cell Transplantation, 17(3):351-60 (Cited 9) IF 6.2
- D. Thaloor, J. Gephardt, K. Miller and GK. Pavlath (1999) Systemic administration of the NF-kappa B inhibitor curcumin stimulates muscle regeneration after traumatic injury. Am.J. Physiol. 277(2 Pt 1):C320-C329 (Cited 153) IF 7.65.
- K.Miller, D. Thaloor, S. Matteson and GK. Pavlath. (1999) Hepatocyte Growth Factor induces myoblast proliferation but inhibits its differentiation in vivo. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. Jan; 278 (1):C174-81 (Cited 201) IF 4.01
- D. Thaloor, AK. Singh, GS. Sidhu, PV. Prasad, H.Kleinman and RK. Maheshwari. (1998) Inhibition of angiogenic differentiation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells by Curcumin. Cell Growth and Differentiation 9(4):305-312 (Cited 200) IF 4.69
- GK. Pavlath, D. Thaloor, TA. Rando, M. Cheong, AW. English and B.Zheng. (1998) Heterogeneity among muscle precursor cells in adult skeletal muscles with differing regenerative capacities. Developmental Dynamics 212:495-508 (Cited 116) IF 2.59
- KL. Abbott, B. Friday, D. Thaloor, TJ. Murphy and GK. Pavlath. (1998) Activation and Cellular localization of the Cyclosporine A- sensitive transcription factor NF-AT in skeletal muscle cells. Mol. Bio. Cell 9(10) 2905-16 (Cited 220) IF 7.3
- GS. Sidhu, AK. Singh, D. Thaloor, KK. Banaudha, G. Patnaik, RC. Srimal and RK. Maheshwari. (1998) Enhancement of Wound Healing by Curcumin in animals. Wound Repair and Regeneration 6(2) 167-77 (Cited 206) IF 2.757
- GS. Sidhu, D. Thaloor, AK. Singh, PN. Raghunath and RK. Maheshwari. (1996) Enhanced biosynthesis of extracellular matrix proteins and TGF-b by Polyinosinic-Polycytidylic acid during cutaneous wound healing in vivo. J. Cell. Physiol. 169(1):108-114 (Cited 10) IF 4.218
- AK. Singh, GS. Sidhu, D. Thaloor and RK. Maheshwari. (1996) Curcumin inhibits the proliferation and cell cycle progression of human umbilical vein endothelial cell. Cancer Lett. 107:109-115 (Cited 106 )IF 4.54
- Device for culturing and transporting cells. Deepa Ghosh and Sudheer Shenoy (US Patent 7,713,734; EP Patent 1,979,465).
- Insert Device for culturing cells. Deepa Ghosh and Pushpa Choudhary (US patent 7,588,932; Indian patent 236218)
- Cultured Melanocytes on Bioploymer Membranes for Treatment of Hyper and Hypopigmentation Disorders. Deepa Ghosh, Sudheer Shenoy, Pushpa Kuchroo and Viru Shah (Patent: US 20080089870A1, EP2089076; PCT/IN2007/000489)
- An interactive wound cover. Deepa Ghosh, Pushpa Kuchroo, Sudheer Shenoy, Vidhya Rangaswamy, Sonti Venkata Rama Krishna (US 20070258958A1; PCT/IN2007/000060)
- Hydrogel composition. Joydeep Dutta, Deepa Ghosh, Anish Sen Majumdar, Garima Dwivedi and Chandra Viswanathan. (Patent: PCT/IN2009/000707, WO2010067378A2)
- A process for preparing keratinocyte composition as a wound cover. Deepa Ghosh, Pushpa Kuchroo, Sudheer Shenoy, Vidhya Rangaswamy, Sonti Venkata Rama Krishna ( Indian patent No: 243296)
- “Regenerative medicine and Tissue Engineering” in the 82nd Annual Session of the National Academy of Sciences, India and National Symposium on “Nano-science & Technology for Mankind” on Nov 29- Dec 01, 2012 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- “Measures to overcome the challenges facing cell delivery in regenerative medicine” in the Stem Cells 2012 conference in Mumbai Oct.10-11, 2012.
- “Tissue engineering approach to cell delivery” at International Conference on Emerging Cell Therapies, Chicago, USA October 1-3, 2012.
- “Safety and effi cacy study of autologous cultured melanocytes delivered on Poly (lactic acid) membrane (ReliDerm®M) in thebtreatment of Stable Vitiligo”. International Conference & Exhibition on Clinical Research Dermatology, 5-6 July 2011 San Francisco, USA
- “Autologous Cultured Melanocytes delivered on Poly (lactic acid) membrane (ReliDerm®M) in the treatment of Stable Vitiligo: Safety and Efficacy study” at Vitilicon 2011 conference, Bangalore. April 22-24, 2011
- “Challenges in addressing wounds in India”. Wound healing congress, Dallas, Texas, USA. Apr 14-17, 2011 Texas
- “Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering: From Bench to bedside” at the International conference on Biomaterials, Artificial organs and Tissue Engineering, Cochin, Mar1-3, 2010
- “Chitosan: A potential keratinocyte delivery system for wound management” at the Gordon conference, Plymouth, NH, USA July 29-Aug. 3, 2005.
- “Systemic administration of Curcumin an NFkB/AP-1 inhibitor enhances muscle regeneration in mice” at the Gordon conference, Tilton, NH, USA, Aug.16-21 1998.
- “The effect of HGF on regeneration in mice in the Satellite Meeting”, Boston, MA, USA, Aug. 13-15, 1998.
- “Inhibition of angiogenesis of Human Umbilical Vein endothelial cells by Curcumin” at the American Society of Cell Biology in Washington DC.,USA, Dec. 10-14, 1995.
- “Anti-proliferative effect of Curcumin” in the American Society of Cell Biology at San Francisco, CA,USA Dec. 10-14, 1994.
- “Interferon induced block in the transport of VSV-G in TGN in transfected mouse cells” in The American Society of Cell Biology at New Orleans, LO, USA Dec. 10-14, 1993.
- “Thymosin-b4 enhances angiogenesis in endothelial cell” in the XVI International Cancer Congress, New Delhi, India 1994.
- “Brefeldin-A inhibits HTLVIII replication in peripheral blood lymphocytes” in the First National Conference on Human Retroviruses and Related Infections, Washington DC. USA. 1993.
Wound Management products commercialized: 5; Tissue Engineered products that had undergone clinical trials: 4
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali
Group Home Page