2008 – 2013: Ph.D. in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
2005 – 2007: M. Sc. in Chemistry, The University of Burdwan
2002 – 2005: B. Sc. in Chemistry (Hons.), The University of Burdwan
July 2015 onwards; Scientist-B: Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Mohali, India;
2013-2015; Postdoctoral research: H. C. Ørsted Postdoc fellow, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark:
2007-2008; Research chemist: TCG Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
- Electroanalytical chemistry
- Synthetic and material chemistry, electrochemistry, nanotechnology
- Energy conversion and storage
- Efficient, clean and self-sustainable energy sources for cost-effective and environmentally-friendly technology
- Binder-free, all-in-one hybrid supercapacitor
- Synthesis and applications of carbon nanostructures focused on reduced graphene and graphene-based functional materials
- Porous nanomaterials: 3D reduced graphene, nanoporous gold, etc.
- Nanomaterials for sensors and energy
- Electrochemical sensors, biosensors, DNA biosensors and immunosensors,
- Biofuel cell
- Synthesis of exciting nanomaterial using autoclave and microwave reactor
- Approaching the theoretical capacitance of graphene through copper foam integrated three-dimensional graphene networks, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Hans A. Hjuler and Qijin Chi. Journal of Material Chemistry A. 2015, 3, 6324-6329.
- Cover article: Approaching the theoretical capacitance of graphene through copper foam integrated three-dimensional graphene networks Ramendra Sundar Dey, Hans A. Hjuler and Qijin Chi. J. Mater. Chem., 2015, 3, 6226-6226.
- Enzyme-integrated Cholesterol Biosensing Scaffold Based on in situ Synthesized Reduced Graphene Oxide and Dendritic Pd Nanostructure. Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 62, 357-364, (2014).
- Redox Functionalized Graphene Oxide Architecture for the Development of Amperometric Biosensing Platform.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces5, 4791-4798, (2013).
- A rapid room temperature chemical route for the synthesis of graphene, metal-mediated reduction of graphene oxide.Ramendra Sundar Dey, Saumen Hajra, R. K. Sahu, C. Retna Raj and M. K. Panigrahi. Chemical Communications 48, 1787-1789, (2012).
- Development of Amperometric Cholesterol Biosensor Based on Graphene-Pt Nanoparticle Hybrid Material.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114, 21427-21433 (2010).
- Electrochemically Derived Redox Molecular Architecture-A Novel Electrochemical Interface for Voltammetric Sensing. Ramendra Sundar Dey, Susmita Gupta, Rupankar Paira and C. Retna Raj. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2, 1355-1360, (2010).
- Polyelectrolyte-Functionalized Gold Nanoparticle Scaffold for the Sensing of Heparin and Protamine in Serum.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Chemistry: an Asian Journal 7, 417-424, (2012).
- A hybrid functional nanoscaffold based on reduced graphene oxide–ZnO for the development of an amperometric biosensing platform. Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. RSC Advances, 3, 25858-25864, (2013).
- Flow injection amperometric sensing of uric acid and ascorbic acid using the self-assembly of heterocyclic thiol on Au electrode.Ramendra Sundar Dey, Susmita Gupta, Rupankar Paira, Shen-Ming Chen, C. Retna Raj. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry. 16, 173-178, (2012).
- Nanomaterial-based functional scaffolds for amperometric sensing of bioanalytes. Ramendra Sundar Dey, Raj Kumar Bera and C. R. Raj. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 405, 3431-3448, (2013).
- Electrochemistry of surface wired cytochrome c and bioelectrocatalytic sensing of superoxide.Susmita Behera, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Manas Kumar Rana and C. Retna Raj. Journal of Chemical Sciences, 125, 275-282, (2013).
- Bioanalytical Applications of Au Nanoparticles.Bikash K. Jena, Sourov Ghosh, Rajkumar Bera, Ramendra S. Dey, Ashok K. Das and C. Retna Raj. Recent Patents on Nanotechnology 4, 41-52, (2010).
- Three-Dimensional Reduced Graphene Oxide Network on Copper Foam as High-performance Supercapacitor Electrodes, (ise140688), P-36, by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Q. Chi, in ‘65th Annual Meeting of International society of Electrochemistry’, Oral Presentation, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 31-September 5 (2014).
- Graphene Nanofilms Functionalized with Electroactive Nanoparticles and Enzyme for Electrocatalytic Sensing, (ise140964), P-146, by Nan Zhu, Shuang Han, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Jens Ulstrup, and Q. Chi, in ‘65th Annual Meeting of International society of Electrochemistry’, Poster Presentation, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 31-September 5 (2014)
- CARBONHAGEN 2014, 5th anniversary symposium on carbon nanomaterials, Copenhagen, Aug 21-22 (2014); Integrated assembly of 3D graphene networks for construction of all-in-one supercapacitor electrodes by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Qijin Chi.
- Graphene-Based Nanoarchitecture for the Development of Amperometric Biosensor by Ramendra Sundar Dey, ELAC 2013, Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad, India, Oral Presentation (1st prize) Jan. 16-20, (2013).
- Transition Metal Nanoparticle Decorated Graphene for Amperometric sensing of H2O2 and Cholesterol by Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj, 12th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry, IICT, Hyderabad, India, Feb. 4-7 (2010)
- Advanced Functional Materials for Catalytic and Sensing Applications by R. S. Dey, S. Chakraborty, A. K. Das, S. Ghosh, R. K. Bera and C. R. Raj, IITKharagpur, India, Conference poster, September 6 (2009).
- A rapid, room temperature chemical route for the facile synthesis of reduced graphene oxide by R. S. Dey, S. Bag and C. R. Raj, Symposium on Inorganic Chemistry at Interfaces, IITKharagpur, India, Conference poster, October. 13-14 (2012).
- Nanostructured materials for sensing and electrocatalytic applications by A. K. Das, S. Ghosh, R. S. Dey, R. K. Bera, S. Bag and C. R. Raj, Diamond Jubilee Symposium on Recent Trends in Chemistry, IITKharagpur, India, Conference poster, October 21-23 (2011).
- Recent progress in the design and development of functional materials for analytical applications by A. K. Das, S. Ghosh, R. K. Bera, R. S. Dey, A. Sadhu and C. R. Raj conference poster (2010)
Disposable cholesterol biosensor based on redox mediator functionalized graphene oxide nanoarchitecture and the preparation thereof. by Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj, Indian Pat. Appl. (2014), IN 2013KO00563 A, 20141121.
- Development of Biosensors from Polymer Graphene Composites in Graphene-Based Polymer Nanocomposites in Electronics, by Ramendra Sundar Dey*, Vol. 1, chapter 11, pp. 277, Springer, Germany, 2015, ISBN: 978-3-319-13875-6, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-13875-6. *Corresponding author
- Architecture and Applications of Functional Three-dimensional Graphene Networks in Graphene Materials: Fundamentals and Emerging Applications, by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Qijin Chi, Vol. 1, chapter 3, pp. 67-99, WILEY-Scrivener, USA, 2015. ISBN: 9781119131816, DOI: 10.1002/9781119131816.ch3 (Cover page).
- INSPIRE Faculty award 2015
- ‘Best Oral presentation’ prize in Indian Society for Electroanalytical Chemistry (ELAC 2013)
- 1st Prize in ‘Best Paper Award 2010’ given by Indian Society for Electroanalytical Chemistry (ELAC 2013) for Journal of Physical Chemistry C 114, 21427-21433 (2010)
- National Scholarship at Secondary Examination
- TALENT SEARCH TEST ON GEOGRAPHY 2000 BANGIYO BHUGOL MANCHA Grade B
- Manpatra from NIKHIL BANGA SIKHAN MAHAVIDYALAYA 2000
- H. C. Ørsted Postdoc fellowship, 2013
- NET (UGC) Dec. 2007
- GATE 2007
- Editorial advisory board member: BIOINFO Sensor Networks (ISSN: 2249-944X), Bioinfo Publications
- Member: International Society of Electrochemistry (Member ID: 13302)
- Life member: Indian Society of Electroanalytical Chemistry (Member ID: LM184)
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : email@example.com
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali