2008 – 2013: Ph.D. in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
2005 – 2007: M. Sc. in Chemistry, The University of Burdwan
2002 – 2005: B. Sc. in Chemistry (Hons.), The University of Burdwan
Positions Held/Research Experience
July 2015 onwards; Scientist-B: Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Mohali, India
2013-2015; Postdoctoral research: H. C. Ørsted Postdoc fellow, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
2007-2008; Research chemist: TCG Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
- Electroanalytical chemistry
- Electrochemistry of nanomaterials
- Efficient, clean and self-sustainable energy sources for cost-effective and environmentally-friendly technology
- Flexible energy storage devices
- Synthesis and applications of carbon nanostructures focused on reduced graphene oxide and graphene-based functional materials
- In-plane, on-chip micro-supercapacitor
- Hybrid capacitor/nanohybrid capacitor
- Hybrid Supercapacitor-biofuel cell/solar cell/nanogenerator
- Biofuel cell
- Electrochemical CO2 reduction
- Electrochemical sensors, biosensors, DNA biosensors and immunosensors,
One-step coelectrodeposition-assisted layer- by-layer assembly of gold nanoparticles and reduced graphene oxide and its self-healing three-dimensional nanohybrid for an ultrasensitive DNA sensor. Jayakumar Kumarasamy, María Belén Camarada, Dharuman Venkatraman,* Huangxian Ju, Ramendra Sundar Dey* and Yangping Wen* Nanoscale, 2018,10, 1196-1206.
Characterization of Cd-resistant Klebsiella michiganensis MCC3089 and its potential for rice seedling growth promotion under Cd stress, Soumik Mitra, Krishnendu Pramanik, Pallab Ghosh, Tithi Soren, Anumita Sarkar, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Sanjeev Pandey, Tushar Kanti Maiti*, Microbiological Research 210 (2018) 12–25.
Large area few-layered graphene with scalable preparation from waste biomass for high-performance supercapacitor. Taniya Purkait , Guneet Singh , Mandeep Singh , Dinesh Kumar and Ramendra Sundar Dey* Sci. Rep., 2017, 7, 615239.
High-performance flexible supercapacitors based on electrochemically tailored three-dimensional reduced graphene oxide networks. Taniya Purkait, Guneet Singh, Dinesh Kumar, Mandeep Singh and Ramendra Sundar Dey* Sci. Rep., 8, 640, 2018.
Editorial: Functional Materials for Energy and Environment: Progress and Perspective. Kalisadhan Mukherjee, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Chandi Charan Malakar, and Biplab Paul. Energy Environ. Focus. 2017, 6, 49–51.
Carbonaceous materials for next-generation flexible supercapacitors, Ramendra Sundar Dey* and Dinesh Kumar. Rev. Adv. Sci. Eng. 2016, 5, 32-50.2.
Editorial: A Special Issue on Materials for Chemical Sensing and Renewable Energy: Recent Trends, Kalisadhan Mukherjee, Ramendra Sundar Dey, and Qijin Chi, Rev. Adv. Sci. Eng. 2016, 5, 1-3.
Approaching the theoretical capacitance of graphene through copper foam integrated three-dimensional graphene networks, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Hans A. Hjuler and Qijin Chi. Journal of Material Chemistry A. 2015, 3, 6324-6329 (cover article).
Enzyme-integrated Cholesterol Biosensing Scaffold Based on in situ Synthesized Reduced Graphene Oxide and Dendritic Pd Nanostructure. Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 62, 357-364, (2014).
Redox Functionalized Graphene Oxide Architecture for the Development of Amperometric Biosensing Platform.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 5, 4791-4798, (2013).
A rapid room temperature chemical route for the synthesis of graphene, metal-mediated reduction of graphene oxide.Ramendra Sundar Dey, Saumen Hajra, R. K. Sahu, C. Retna Raj and M. K. Panigrahi. Chemical Communications 48, 1787-1789, (2012).
Development of Amperometric Cholesterol Biosensor Based on Graphene-Pt Nanoparticle Hybrid Material.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114, 21427-21433 (2010).
Electrochemically Derived Redox Molecular Architecture-A Novel Electrochemical Interface for Voltammetric Sensing. Ramendra Sundar Dey, Susmita Gupta, Rupankar Paira and C. Retna Raj. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2, 1355-1360, (2010).
Polyelectrolyte-Functionalized Gold Nanoparticle Scaffold for the Sensing of Heparin and Protamine in Serum.Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. Chemistry: an Asian Journal 7, 417-424, (2012).
A hybrid functional nanoscaffold based on reduced graphene oxide–ZnO for the development of an amperometric biosensing platform. Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj. RSC Advances, 3, 25858-25864, (2013).
Flow injection amperometric sensing of uric acid and ascorbic acid using the self-assembly of heterocyclic thiol on Au electrode.Ramendra Sundar Dey, Susmita Gupta, Rupankar Paira, Shen-Ming Chen, C. Retna Raj. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry. 16, 173-178, (2012).
Nanomaterial-based functional scaffolds for amperometric sensing of bioanalytes. Ramendra Sundar Dey, Raj Kumar Bera and C. R. Raj. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 405, 3431-3448, (2013).
Electrochemistry of surface wired cytochrome c and bioelectrocatalytic sensing of superoxide.Susmita Behera, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Manas Kumar Rana and C. Retna Raj. Journal of Chemical Sciences, 125, 275-282, (2013).
Bioanalytical Applications of Au Nanoparticles.Bikash K. Jena, Sourov Ghosh, Rajkumar Bera, Ramendra S. Dey, Ashok K. Das and C. Retna Raj. Recent Patents on Nanotechnology 4, 41-52, (2010).
Development of Biosensors from Polymer Graphene Composites in Graphene-Based Polymer Nanocomposites in Electronics, by Ramendra Sundar Dey*, Vol. 1, chapter 11, pp. 277, Springer, Germany, 2015, ISBN: 978-3-319-13875-6, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-13875-6.
2. Architecture and Applications of Functional Three-dimensional Graphene Networks in Graphene Materials: Fundamentals and Emerging Applications, by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Qijin Chi, ed. /Ashutosh Tiwar; Mikael Syväjärvi. Scrivener Publishing, 2015. p. 67-99 (Advanced Materials Series), Vol. 1, chapter 3, ISBN: 9781119131816, DOI: 10.1002/9781119131816.ch3 (Cover page).
Indian team produces high surface area graphene from waste peanut shells, by “graphene info.com”. https://www.graphene-info.com/indian-team-produces-high-surface-area-graphene-waste-peanut-shells.
Researchers convert waste peanuts into high performance graphene , by “Research Matters”. https://researchmatters.in/news/researchers-convert-waste-peanuts-high-performance-graphene.
High performance Graphene from Peanuts, sound clip by “Research Matters”. https://soundcloud.com/researchmatters/high-performance-graphene-from-peanuts
Disposable cholesterol biosensor based on redox mediator functionalized graphene oxide nanoarchitecture and the preparation thereof. by Ramendra Sundar Dey and C. Retna Raj, Indian Pat. Appl. (2014), IN 2013KO00563 A, 20141121.
Conferences Proceedings & Posters
- Three-Dimensional Reduced Graphene Oxide Network on Copper Foam as High-performance Supercapacitor Electrodes, (ise140688), P-36, by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Q. Chi, in ‘65th Annual Meeting of International society of Electrochemistry’, Oral Presentation, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 31-September 5 (2014).
- Graphene Nanofilms Functionalized with Electroactive Nanoparticles and Enzyme for Electrocatalytic Sensing, (ise140964), P-146, by Nan Zhu, Shuang Han, Ramendra Sundar Dey, Jens Ulstrup, and Q. Chi, in ‘65th Annual Meeting of International society of Electrochemistry’, Poster Presentation, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 31-September 5 (2014)
- High surface area graphene from waste-biomass asefficient energy storage material, Fourth International conference on Reuse and Recycling of Materials (ICRM - 2018), 9-11 March, 2018Mahatma Gandhi University, Kttayam, Kerala.
- Energy Storage Technology: Overview, Three Days Workshop on “Nanotechno|ogy Princip|es in Energy and Environmental applications" from 17-19 August, 2016. Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- CARBONHAGEN 2014, 5th anniversary symposium on carbon nanomaterials, Copenhagen, Aug 21-22 (2014); Integrated assembly of 3D graphene networks for construction of all-in-one supercapacitor electrodes by Ramendra Sundar Dey and Qijin Chi.