INST Faculty Directory
Dr. Shyam Lal M
- Ph.D Biochemistry, Department of Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India (2015).
- M.Sc Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Gachibowli, Andhra Pradesh, India (2009).
- B.Sc Biotechnology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India (2007).
Positions Held ::
- Scientist B, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali, Punjab, India (4th Feb 2015 onwards)
Research interests :
- Developing targeting moieties for nanoparticle drug delivery towards visceral leishmaniasis.
- Biocompatible and Biodegradable nanoparticles for therapeutics: A Nano approach.
- Understanding the interactions of nanomaterials and biological system.
- Awarded Early Career Research Award by SERB, DST, GOI.
- Awarded Bill Melinda Gates-ICID Travel Grant for presenting work at ICID March 2-5, 2016, Hyderabad, India.
- Awarded International Travel Award from ICMR for presenting work at International Congress & Exhibition on Nanobiotechnology organized by Centre of Nanotechnology from June 2- 4th 2014 in Munster, Germany.
- Awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2011-12 by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India for pursuing Ph.D.
Recent Publications :
- Chaubey P, Mishra B, Mudavath SL, Patel RR, Chaurasia S, Sundar S, Suvarna V, Monteiro M , Mannose-conjugated curcumin-chitosan nanoparticles: Efficacy and toxicity assessments against Leishmania donovani: Int J Biol Macromol, 2018 Jan 4; 111:109-120.
- SL Mudavath, M Talat, M Rai, ON Srivastava, S Sundar , An oral formulation of Amphotericin B for the treatment of visceral Leishmaniasis: f-Gr-AmB, International Journal Of Infectious Diseases, 45, 3067. 2016. (Conference Proceeding)
- Niraj Kumar Vishwakarma, Vijay Kumar Patel, Ravi Kumar, Shyam Lal Mudavath, Tanu Gupta, Kalyan Ramesh, Karun Jana, P. K. Dutta, Pralay Maiti, Nira Mishra, Medicherla V Jagannadham, Shyam Sundar, Biswajit Ray, Galactosylated Chitosan for Enhanced and Efficient Antimicrobial and Antileishmanial Activities: A Novel Approach, Asian Chitin J, 11 (2), 11-18. 2015
- Mudavath SL, Talat M, Rai M, Srivastava ON, Sundar S; Characterization and evaluation of amine modified graphene Amphotericin B for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis: in vivo and in vitro studies ; Drug Design, Development and Therapy; 2014 Sep 4;8:1235-47.
- Kumar D, Khanal B, Tiwary P, Mudavath SL, Tiwary NK, Singh R, Koirala K, Boelaert M, Rijal S, Sundar S. Comparative Evaluation of Blood and Serum Samples in Rapid Immunochromatographic Tests for Visceral Leishmaniasis. J Clin Microbiol. 2013 Dec; 51(12):3955-9.
- Prakash Saudagar, Mudavath SL, Pipas Saha, Anil K. Saikia, Shyam Sundar and Vikash Kumar Dubey. In vivo assessment of antileishmanial property of 4-(4, 4, 8-Trimethyl 7-oxo-3-oxabicyclo [3.3.1] non-2-yl)-benzoic acid methyl ester, an oxabicyclo [3.3.1] nonanones, in hamster model; Letters in Drug Design & Discovery; 11, 937-939.
- S.L. Mudavath, M. Rai, M. Talat, O.N. Srivastava, S. Sundar. Amine modified graphene mediated drug delivery of Amphotericin B for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 21S (2014) 1–460. (Conference Proceeding)
- Participated and presented poster at “International Conference on Infectious Disease, ICID 2016”, Hyderabad, India from Mar 2-5, 2016.
- Participated and presented poster at “6th MRS Trilateral Symposium”, INST, Mohali, India from Nov 23-25, 2015.
- Participated and presented poster at “International Conference on Translational Nanomedicine, T-NANO 2014”, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India from Dec 15-17, 2014.
- Participated and presented poster at “10th International Congress & Exhibition on Nanobiotechnology Diseases”, Munster, Germany from June 2-4, 2014.
- Participated and presented poster at “The 2nd National Conference on Primary Immuno Deficiency Diseases (PIDCON 2014), IMS, BHU, Varanasi, India, March 8 & 9, 2014.
- Participated and presented poster at “6th International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICONSAT 2014), Punjab University, Chandigarh, India, March 3-5, 2014.
- Participated and presented poster at “International Conference on Chemical biology Disease Mechanisms and Therapeutics (ICCB 2014)”, Hyderabad, Feb 6-8, 2014.
- Participated and presented poster at “BioQuest-2008”, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Mar 15-16, 2008.
- Participated and presented projects on Heart Diseases and Biodiesel at “Science Spree”, conducted by Avanthi Degree College, Dec 8-9, 2005.
- Prakash Saudagar, Vikash Kumar Dubey, Anil Kumar Saikia, Pipas Saha, Shyam Lal M and Shyam Sundar. Oxabicyclo derivatives as novel antileishmanial compound. (Appl. No. 863/KOL/2013).
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : shyamlal(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali