PhD: Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India (2004-2009)
MS: Chemical Science Division, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India (2001-2004)
BSc: University of Calcutta, India (1998-2001)
Associate Professor (Scientist-E): Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Mohali, India; May 2015 onwards
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Stratingh Institute of Chemistry, University of Groningen, the Netherlands (March 2012- February 2015)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Molecular Science & Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, the Netherlands (March 2009- February 2012)
- Hydrogels: Self-assembled organic and polymeric hydrogel materials will be developed for biomedical applications such as tissue engineering, biomimetic adhesive.
- Nanocontainer: Single chain polymeric nanoparticles with stimuli-responsiveness will be designed towards development of efficient catalytic nanocontainer in persuit of mimicking enzymes and in designing self-healing materials.
- Multivalent molecular probe: Taking lesson from nature, molecular probe with enhanced binding affinity will be designed for application in imaging and diagnostic application
- Van Duc Nguyen, Asish Pal, Frank Snijkers, Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc, Giulia Leonetti, Sijbren Otto, Jasper van der Gucht. Multi-step control over self-assembled hydrogels of peptide-derived building blocks and a polymeric cross-linker. Soft Matter, 2016, 12, 432-440.
- Asish Pal, Morteza Malakoutikhah, Giulia Leonetti, Meniz Tezcan, Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc, Van Duc Nguyen, Jasper van der Gucht, Sijbren Otto. Controlling the Structure and Length of Self-synthesizing Supramolecular Polymers through Nucleated Growth and Disassembly Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 7852-7856.
- Marcel Koenigs, Asish Pal, Hamed Mortazavi, Gajanan Pawar, Kees Storm, Rint P. Sijbesma. Tuning Crosslink Density in a Physical Hydrogel by Supramolecular Self-sorting. Macromolecules, 2014, 47, 2712-2717.
- Asish Pal, Panayiotis Voudouris, Marcel. M. E. Koenigs, Pol Besenius, Hans M. Wyss, Volkan Degirmenci, Rint P. Sijbesma. Topochemical Polymerization in Self-assembled Rodlike Micelles of Bisurea Bolaamphiphiles. Soft Matter, 2014, 10, 952-956.
- Asish Pal, Sougata Dutta, V. K. Aswal and Santanu Bhatttacharya. SANS Studies of Mixed Micellar Structures made of Dimeric Surfactants having Imidazolium and Ammonium Headgroups. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2012, 116, 13239-13247.
- Asish Pal, Pol Besenius, Rint P. Sijbesma. Self-Sorting in Rodlike Micelles of Chiral Bisurea Bolaamphiphiles. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 12987-12989.
- Suman K. Samanta, Asish Pal, Santanu Bhatttacharya. An Insight into Fiber-Solvent Mediated Modulation of Nano-fibrillar Organogels. Int. J. Nanosci. 2011, 10, 547-554.
- Suman K. Samanta, Asish Pal, Santanu Bhattacharya, C.N.R. Rao. Carbon nanotube reinforced supramolecular gels with electrically conducting, viscoelastic and near-infrared sensitive properties. J. Mater. Chem., 2010, 20, 6881-6890.
- Asish Pal, S. Karthikeyan, Rint P. Sijbesma. Coexisting Hydrophobic Compartments through Self-Sorting in Rod-like Micelles of Bisurea Bolaamphiphiles. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 7842-7843. (Highlighted paper in: More than the sum of its parts J. H. van Esch Nature, 2010, 466, 193-194)
- Asish Pal, Aasheesh Srivastava, Santanu Bhattacharya. Role of Capping Ligands on the Nanoparticles in the Modulation of Properties of a Hybrid Matrix of Nanoparticles in a 2D Film and in a Supramolecular Organogel. Chem. Eur. J., 2009, 15, 9169-9182.
- Asish Pal, Hajra Basit, Saikat Sen, Vinod K. Aswal, Santanu Bhattacharya. Structure and properties of two component hydrogels comprising lithocholic acid and organic amines. J. Mater. Chem., 2009, 19, 4325-4334.
- Suman K. Samanta, Asish Pal, Santanu Bhattacharya. Choice of the End Functional Groups in Oligo(p-Pheylenevinylene) Systems Controls the Physical Gelation Efficiency. Langmuir, 2009, 25, 8567-8578.
- Hajra Basit, Asish Pal, Saikat Sen, Santanu Bhattacharya. Two Component Hydrogels Comprising Fatty Acids and Amines: Structure, Properties and Application as Template for Metal Nanoparticle Synthesis. Chem. Eur. J., 2008, 14, 6534-6545.
- Asish Pal, Bhupender S. Chhikara, A. Govindaraj, Santanu Bhattacharya, C.N.R. Rao. Synthesis and Properties of Novel Nanocomposites made of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes and Low Molecular Mass Organogels and their Thermo-responsive Behavior Triggered by Near IR Radiation. J. Mater. Chem., 2008, 18, 2593-2600.
- Santanu Bhattacharya, Asish Pal. Physical Gelation of Binary Mixtures of Hydrocarbons Mediated by n-Lauroyl-L-Alanine and Characterization of their Thermal and Mechanical Properties. J. Phys. Chem. B., 2008, 112, 4918-4927.
- Asish Pal, Yamuna K. Ghosh, Santanu Bhattacharya. Molecular mechanism of physical gelation of hydrocarbons by fatty acid amides of natural amino acids. Tetrahedron, 2007, 63, 7334-7348.
- Santanu Bhattacharya, Aasheesh Srivastava, Asish Pal. Modulation of Viscoelastic Properties of Physical Gels by Nanoparticle Doping: Influence of the Nanoparticle Capping Agent. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2006, 45, 2934-2937.
- Self-synthesizing materials with narrow length distribution through living supramolecular polymerization. Asish Pal, Giulia Leonetti, Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc, Jasper van der Gucht, Sijbren Otto, presentation in CHAINs, Veldhoven, 2014.
- Tuning the Properties of Photo-induced Hydrogels Obtained from Self-Replicating Peptide Fibers. Asish Pal, Jianwei Li, Mathieu Coulomb-Delsuc, Morteza Malakoutikhah, Sijbren Otto, presentation in New Frontier on Synthetic Life, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 2013.
- Towards Out-of-equilibrium Self-assembly: Hydrogel formation upon photoinduced covalent fixing of self-replicating fibers from Dynamic Combinatorial Library. Asish Pal, Jianwei Li, Sijbren Otto, presentation in European Research Council (ERC) Conference on Frontier Research in Chemistry, Strasbourg, France, 2012.
- Topochemical Polymerization in Self-assembled Rodlike Micelles of Bisurea Bolaamphiphiles. Asish Pal, Panayiotis Voudouris, Marcel. M. E. Koenigs, Pol Besenius, Rint P. Sijbesma, presentation in CHAINs Conference, the Netherlands, 2011.
- Enantiomeric compartments through self-sorting of rod-like micelles of chiral bisurea bolaamphiphiles. Asish Pal, presentation in European Biomedical Society, Dublin, Ireland, 2011.
- Dynamic Hydrophobic Compartments through Self-sorting of Rod-like Micelles of Bisurea Bolaamphiphiles. Asish Pal, presentation in Dutch Polymer Days, 2010.
- Delineating the Influence of Capping Agents on Metal Nanoparticle-Low Molecular Mass Gel composites Asish Pal, presentation in summer conference program on Polymeric and Self-assembled Gel at University of California, Santa Barbara, USA in Aug, 2007.
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : apal(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali