Ecole Centrale Paris, France.
2007-2010 Thesis: Thermoelectric Properties of Nanocomposite Materials.
Supervisor: Sebastian Volz, EM2C, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
Natalio Mingo, CEA Grenoble, LITEN, Grenbole, France
M.Sc in Physics
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. India
2005-2007 Thesis: Synthesis and Characterization of non-linear optical properties of Indium arsenide quantum dots embedded in Silicon matrix.
Supervisor: B.P. Singh, Physics department, IIT Bombay, Mumbai
B.Sc in Physics
2002-2005 with Mathematics and Chemistry
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
Dec 2012 – April 2014, Postdoctoral fellow at ICAMS, RUB, Germany
June 2012 – Nov 2012 Postdoctoral fellow at LAMCOS, INSA-Lyon
June 2011- Apr 2012 Postdoctoral Fellow at EEWS, KAIST
Mar - May 2011 Visiting Scientist at CAMCS, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
♦ Thermal and electronic transport.
♦ Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology, Computational Nanoscience.
♦ Thermoelectrics, Photovoltics, Metal-Air battery and renewable energy.
1. Chandan Bera, Natalio Mingo, Sebastian Volz, Revisiting the thermal conductivity of nanoporous materials. Proceedings of the ASME Micro/Nanoscale Heat and Mass Transfer International Conference 2009, MNHMT2009 3, pp. 177-181.
2. Chandan Bera, Natalio Mingo and Sebastian Volz. Marked effects of alloying on the thermal conductivity of nanoporous materials. Phys. Rev. Letters., 104, 115502, 2010.
3. Jean-Savin Heron, Chandan Bera, Thierry Fournier, Natalio Mingo and Olivier Bourgeois. Blocking phonons via nanoscale geometrical design. Phys. Rev. B 82, 155458 , 2010.
4. Chandan Bera, Mathieu soulier, Christelle Navone, Julia Simon, Sebastian Volz, Natalio Mingo. Thermoelectric properties of nano structured Si1-xGex and potential for further improvement. J. Appl. Phys. 108, 124306 , 2010.
5. Chandan Bera, Monte Carlo simulation of thermal conductivity of Si nanowire: An investigation on the phonon confinement effect on the thermal transport , J. Appl. Phys. 112, 074323, 2012.
6. Chandan Bera, S. Jacob, I. Opahle, N.S. H. Gunda, R. Chmielowski, G. Dennler, G. K. H. Madesn, Integrated computational materials discovery of Silver doped Tin Sulfide as a thermoelectric material, Physical chemistry chemical physics, 16, 19894, 2014.
7. Radoslaw Chmielowski, Daniel Péré, Chandan Bera, Ingo Opahle, Wenjie Xie, Stéphane Jacob, Frédéric Capet,
Pascal Roussel, Anke Weidenkaff, Georg K. H. Madsen, and Gilles Dennler, Theoretical and experimental investigations of the thermoelectric properties of Bi2S3, J. Appl. Phys. 117, 125103, 2015.
8. G. K. H. Madsen, A. Katre, Chandan Bera, Calculating the thermal conductivity of the silicon clathrates using the quasi-harmonic approximation. Phys. Status Solidi A (2015). doi: 10.1002/pssa.201532615
9. Kumar, S., AP Singh, Chandan Bera, M Thirumal, BR Mehta, AK Ganguli, Visible-Light-Driven Photoelectrochemical and Photocatalytic Performance of NaNbO3/Ag2S Core–Shell Heterostructures. ChemSusChem (2016). doi:10.1002/cssc.201600397
10. V. Kumar, S. B. Devarakonda, R. K. Banerjee, A. K. Ganguli, Chandan Bera, Contribution of ultrasound absorption in nanoparticles for hyperthermia application, Proceedings of the Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering, and Biotransport Conference (SB3C), National Harbor, MD, 2016.
11. P. Kaur, S. Chakraverty, A. K. Ganguli, Chandan Bera, High anisotropic thermoelectric effect in palladium phosphide sulphide, Phys. Status Solidi B (2017). doi: 10.1002/pssb.201700021
Title: Thermoelectric material and method of fabrication, File date:10.04.15, Application no: EP20150305539.
♦ Calculating the thermal properties of nano structured materials, Chandan Bera, National Conference on "New Advances and Horizons in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology", Dec 20-21 2014, IASST, Guwahati, India. (Invited Talk)
♦ High-throughput computational study of defects in thermoelectric materials, Chandan Bera, Winter School - 2014 on Frontiers in Materials Science, Dec 1-5, 2014, JNCASR, Bangalore, India. (Poster)
♦ High throughput search for thermoelectric materials. Computational stability, transport and doping properties, Georg K. H. Madsen; Chandan Bera; Ingo Opahle, E-MRS 2014 SPRING MEETING, May 27-29, 2014, Lille, France.
♦ Thermal conductivity of thermoelectric Nano structure materials, Chandan Bera, Lasse Bjerg, Ankita Katre, Georg Madsen, Ralf Drautz, DPG Spring Meeting 2014, Dresden, Germany.
♦ Thermal conductivity of Nano structure materials, Chandan Bera, Lasse Bjerg, Ankita Katre, Georg Madsen, APS March Meeting 2014, Denver, USA
♦ Thermal transport in nano structured Clathrate materials, Chandan Bera, Georg Madsen, Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Semina on Thermal Transport at the Nanoscale,April 07, 2013 – April 10, 2013 in Bad Honnef Germany. (Poster Presentation)
♦ Thermoelectric properties of nanocomposite materials. Chandan Bera et. al. ; GDR THERMOELECTRICITE NO 3052 , Institut Néel – CRETA CNRS Grenoble, France, July 2010. (Poster Presentation).
♦ Thermal conductivity of nanocomposites and nanoporous alloy materials. C. Bera, M. Bozlar, C. Navone, M. Soulier, N. Mingo, S. Volz., PHONONS2010, Taipei, April 2010 (Oral presentation).
♦ Revisting the thermal conuctivity of nanoporous materials. C. Bera, N. Mingo, S. Volz, ASME 2009 International Conference on Nano and Micro Scale Heat and Mass transfer, Shanghai, China, December, 2009. (oral presentation).
♦ Thermal conductance of nano wire and nano composites materials. C. Bera, S. Volz, N. Mingo, Thermoelectric Transport Progress in First Principles and other Approaches, and Interplay with Experiment, CECAM, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland, July, 2009. (Poster presentation).
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : chandan(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali