Dr. Kiran Shankar Hazra
♦ M.Sc&Ph.D Dual Degree -Physics Department, IIT Bombay, India (July, 2005-Dec. 2011)
♦ B.Sc (Physics Hons.) – Burdwan University, India
♦ Postdoctoral Researcher -University of California, Los Angeles, USA(Jan, 2012- Dec, 2013)
♦ Ph.D Research fellow- Physics Department , IIT Bombay, India(July 2007-Dec. 2011)
♦ Visiting Research Scholar - Nanotechnology Integrated Bio-Engineering Centre (NIBAC), University of Ulster, UK
♦ Nanomaterials:Optical and electronic property study of nanomaterials such as Graphene, CNT,
♦ Nano-Sensors and Nano-Devices:Nanofabrication of opto-electronic devices such as electron accelerators chip, field emission based flat panal X-ray source, bolometric sensors etc.
♦ Nano-composites:Applications of nanocomposites inenergy devices, flexible electronics, nano-filteration and coating technology
28. Ultralong cycle life and outstanding capacitive performance of 10.8 V metal-free micro-supercapacitor with highly conducting and robust laser-irradiated graphene for integrated storage device, Navpreet Kamboj, Taniya Purkait, Manisha Das, Subhajit Sarkar, Kiran S Hazra and Ramendra S Dey , Energy & Environmental Science 2019, (Accepted)
27. Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics of the Exciton and Trion in MoS2 Monolayers Followed by Dissociation Dynamics in Au@MoS2 2D Heterointerfaces, Tanmay Goswami, Renu Rani, K S Hazra and Hirendra N Ghosh , The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2019, 10, 3057-3063.
26. Vertically Aligned Few-Layered Graphene-Based Non-Cryogenic Bolometer, Anil K Yadav, Saba Mehsar Khan, Anirban Kundu, Renu Rani, Navneet Soin, James McLaughlin, Devi Shanker Misra and K S Hazra, C,Journal of Carbon Research 2019, 5 (2), 23.
25. Spectral dependent white light reflection mapping of MoS2 flake for improving accuracy of conventional optical thickness profiling, R Rani, A Kundu, K S Hazra, Optical Materials 2019, 90, 46-50
24. Modulating capacitive response of MoS2 flake by controlled nanostructuring through focused laser irradiation, Renu Rani, Anirban Kundu, Mohammad Balal, Goutam Sheet and Kiran Shankar Hazra, Nanotechnology 2018, 29, 345302
23. Graphene Oxide Demonstrates Experimental Confirmation of Abraham Pressure on Solid Surface, A. Kundu, R. Rani and K. S. Hazra, Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 42538; doi: 10.1038/srep42538.
22. Controlled formation of Nanostructures on MoS2 Layers by Focused Laser Irradiation, R. Rani, D. Sharma, N. Jena, A. Kundu, A. D. Sarkar, K. S. Hazra, Applied Physics Letter 110, 083101 2017
21. Vertically aligned graphene based non-cryogenic bolometer, Kiran Shankar Hazra, N. Sion, Anil Yadav, James McLauhglin, Devi ShankerMisra, G Travish 2013, arXiv:1301.1302
20. Facile one-step transfer process of graphene, Bajpai R, Roy S, Jain L, Kulshrestha N, Hazra KS, Misra DS. Nanotechnology. 22, 225606, 2011
19. Enhanced and Stable Field Emission from in Situ Nitrogen-Doped Few-Layered GrapheneNanoflakes, Navneet Soin, Susanta Sinha Roy, Soumyendu Roy, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Devi S. Misra, Teck H. Lim, Crispin J. Hetherington, and James A. McLaughlin, J. Phy. Chem. C, 115, 5366–5372 , 2011
18.Growth of Carbon Nanotube Arrays using Nanosphere Lithography and Their Application in Field Emission Devices, A Mathur, S. S. Roy, K. S. Hazra, D. S. Misra, and J. A. McLaughlin, Diamond Rel. Mat. 19, 914-917, 2010.
17. Appearance of Radial breathing modes in Raman spectra of multi-walled carbon nanotubes upon laser illumination, Padmnabh Rai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, K. S. Hazra,D. S. Misra, Jay Ghatak, and P.V. Satyam, Chem. Phys. Lett.455, 83, 2008.
16. Nanotip formation on a carbon nanotube pillar array for field emission application, Padmnabh Rai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, K. S. Hazra, D. S. Misra, and S. P. Tiwari, Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 131921, 2008.15. Correlation between the saturation of emission current and defect co-ordination number for irradiated aligned multiwalled carbon nanotubes, B. Chakraborty, P. Rai, K. S. Hazra, D. R. Mohapatra, D.S. Misra and S. Banerjee, Chem. Phy.Lett.495, 266-269, 2010. 14. Effect of top metal contact on electrical transport through individual multiwalled carbon nanotubes, NehaKulshrestha, AbhishekMisra, SenthilSrinivasan, Kiran Shankar Hazra, ReetiBajpai, Soumyendu Roy, GayatriVaidya, and D. S. Misra, Applied physics letter, 97, 222102, 2010
13. Healing of Broken Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Using Very Low Energy Electrons in SEM; A Route Towards Complete Recovery,NehaKulshrestha, AbhishekMisra, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Soumyendu Roy, ReetiBajpai, Dipti Ranjan Mohapatra, and D. S. Misra, ACS Nano, 5, 1724–1730, 2011
12.Oxygen plasma assisted end-opening and field emission enhancement in vertically aligned multiwall carbon nanotubes, A Mathur, SS Roy, KS Hazra, S Wadhwa, SC Ray, SK Mitra, DS Misra, JA McLaughlin, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 134, 425-429, 2012
11. Substrate Effects on the Growth of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes by Thermal Chemical Vapor Deposition, AshishMathur, SusantaSinha Roy, ShikhaWadhwa, Sekhar Chandra Ray, KiranHazra, Devi Shankar Misra, Sushanta Kumar Mitra, James Mclaughlin, Thomas Thundat, Advanced Science Letters, 7, 21-26, 2012
10. Enhancement of Field Emission Characteristics of Carbon Nanotubes on Oxidation, AshishMathur, SusantaSinha Roy, Sekhar Chandra Ray, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Jeremy Hamilton, Calum Dickinson, James McLaughlin, Devi Shankar Misra, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2011, 11,7011-7014.
9. Enhanced Field Emission and Improved Supercapacitor Obtained from Plasma-Modified Bucky Paper Soumyendu Roy , Reeti Bajpai , Navneet Soin , Preeti Bajpai , Kiran S. Hazra , Neha Kulshrestha , Susanta Sinha Roy , James A. McLaughlin , and D. S. Misra,Small, 7, 688–693, 2011
8. A comparative study of the growth, microstructural and electrical properties of multiwall CNTs grown by thermal and microwave plasma enhanced CVD methods, A Mathur, S Wadhwa, M Tweedie, KS Hazra, C Dickinson, SS Roy, DS Misra, JA McLaughlin, Physica E44, 29–36, 2011.
7. Enhancement of Field Emission Characteristics in Aligned Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes due to 70 MeV Ni6+ Ion Irradiation, Chakraborty, Brahmananda; Satpati, B.; Modak, P.; Hazra, K. S.; Rai, P.; Roy, S.; Avasthi, D. K.; Misra, D. S.; Banerjee, S.International Journal of Nanoscience, 10, 1057, 2011
6. Controlled Growth of Semiconducting Single-Wall Carbon Nanotube, Soumyendu Roy, ReetiBajpai, KS Hazra, PadmnabhRai, N Kulsrestha, DS Misra, International Journal of Nanoscience, 1, 35-38, 2011.5. Dramatic Enhancement of the Emission Current Density from Carbon Nanotube Based Nanosize Tips with Extremely Low Onset Fields, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Padmnabh Rai, Dipti Ranjan Mohapatra, Neha Kulshrestha, Reeti Bajpai, Soumyendu Roy and D. S. Misra, ACS Nano, 3, 2617, 2009. 4.The role of tunneling barrier modification for the saturation current of carbon nanotube field emission in strong electric field,Kiran Shankar Hazra, Vishal Jain and D.S. Misra,Chemical physics letter, 502, 194-197, 2011
3. Improved Field emission from multiwall carbon nanotubes with nano-size defects produced by ultra-low energy ion bombardment,Kiran Shankar Hazra, N Koratkar and D S Misra,Carbon, 49, 4760-4766 ,2011
2. Tailoring the electrostatic screening effect during field emission from hollow multiwalled carbon nanotube pillars, Kiran Shankar Hazra,Tanuj Gigras and D. S Misra, Appl. Phys. Lett.,98, 123116 , 2011
1. Thinning of multilayer graphene to monolayer graphene in a plasma environment, K S Hazra, J Rafiee, M A Rafiee, A Mathur, S S Roy, J McLauhglin, N Koratkar and D SMisra, Nanotechnology , 22 , 025704, 2011. (this paper has been featured in Nature India)
2. Experimental Progress Towards a Resonant Slab-symmetric Dielectric Laser Accelerator, G. Travish, J. McNeur, J. Zhou, G. Liu, E. Sozer, K. S. Hazra, H. Yin, International Particle Accelerator Conference, 2738-2740, 2012, USA
3. Experimental Search For Acceleration in the Micro-accelerator Platform, Josh McNeur, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Brian Matthews, EsinBengisuSozer, Gil Travish (UCLA, Los Angeles), Rodney Yoder (Goucher College, Baltimore), Robert Joel England, BehnamMontazeri, Ken Soong, Ziran Wu (SLAC, Menlo Park, California), Edgar Peralta (Stanford University, Stanford, California), International Particle Accelerator Conference,1307-1309, 2013, China
4. Numerical Modeling and E`xperimental Data Analysis for Dielectric Laser Accelerators, EsinBengisuSozer, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Josh McNeur (UCLA, Los Angeles), Rodney Yoder (Goucher College, Baltimore), Robert Joel England, Ken Soong (SLAC, Menlo Park, California), Edgar Peralta (Stanford University, Stanford, California), Gil Travish (UCLA, Los Angeles, California), International Particle Accelerator Conference,1310-1312, 2013, China
5. Induced defects creation of carbon nanotube due to the formation of field emitter nanotips by plasma.
6. treatment technique,K.S. Hazra, P. Rai, D. R. Mohapatra, N. Kulsrestha, R. Bajpai, S. Roy, D. S. Misra (Presented at ICONSAT 2010), IIT Bombay, INDIA (international conf.)
7. Selective growth of carbon nanotube for Micro-Pillar formation and their field emission study, Kiran Shankar Hazra, PadmnabhRai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, and D. S. Misra, Solid State Physics 53, 1263 (2008) , DAE (national conf.)
8. Electron irradiation induced stuructural changes in nickel nanorods encapsulated in carbon nanotubes, N. Kulshrestha, K.S. Hazra, S. Roy, R. Bajpai, D.R. Mohapatra, D.S. Misra, Nanotech 2010 Vol. 1, 976 (international conf.).
9. Patterned growth of carbon nanotubes arrays and their application in field emission devices .Mathur, A, Roy, S.S, Hazra , K.S, Misra, D.S and McLaughlin In: International Workshop on nanotechnology-enables Sensors & Diagnostics, Dublin, Ireland. (international conf.)
10. Raman spectroscopic investigation of the chirality of single-walled carbon nanotubes, produced by microwave plasma chemical vapor deposition, Kiran Shankar Hazra, Padmnabh Rai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, and D. S. Misra, Solid State Physics 52, 339 (2007). DAE (national conf.)
11. Growth of carbon nanotubes arrays using nanosphere lithography and their application in field emission devices.Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Hazra, KS, Misra, DS and McLaughlin, In: 20th European Conference on Diamond, Diamond-Like Materials, Carbon Nanotubes and Nitrides, Athens, Greece. (international conf.)
12. Raman and infrared spectra of isotopically controlled single crystal diamonds, Dipti Ranjan Mohapatra, PadmnabhRai, K. S. Hazra, R. bajpai, N. Kulshrestha, and D.S Misra, Presented at International Conference on Physics at Surface and Interfaces (PSI 2009), Puri, Orissa, India. (international conf.)
13. Effect of Nitrogen addition on the morphology of chemical vapor deposited single crystal diamond, DiptiRanjanMohapatra, PadmnabhRai, K.S. Hazra, and D.S. Misra, Solid State Physics 53, (2008). DAE (national conf.)
14. Diameter control of multi-walled carbon nanotubes by growth temperature in thermal chemical vapor deposition, Padmnabh Rai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, K. S. Hazra, and D. S. Misra, Presented at International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICONSAT 2008), Kalpakkam-603 102, India. (international conf.)
15. Field Emission from Carbon Nanotubes Grown at Different Temperature, PadmnabhRai, Dipti R. Mohapatra, K. S. Hazra, AbhaMisra, Pawan K. Tyagi, and D. S. Misra, Solid State Physics 52, 335 DAE (national conf.)
16. Tempereture dependent photoluminescence spectroscopy in chemical vapor deposited diamond film, Dipti R. Mohapatra, Padmnabh Rai, Abha Misra, K. S. Hazra, P. K. Tyagi, and D.S. Misra, Solid State Physics 52, 975 (2007). DAE (national conf.)
17. Structural Changes In Nickel Nanaorods Encapsulated In Carbon Nanotubes By 200 KV Electron Irradiation In TEM, NehaKulshrestha, KS Hazra, S Roy, R Bajpai, D R Mohapatra, DS, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1313, 259 (international conf.)
♦ “Device having aligned carbon nanotube”; D. S Misra and Kiran Shankar Hazra.(US patent; Patent. No. 8198794, Date June 12, 2012)
1. Nature India:“GrapheneNanomesh” http://www.nature.com/nindia/2010/101231/full/nindia.2010.187.html
2. VerticalNews http://www.verticalnews.com/article.php?articleID=4812425
3. APS News "Chip-scale Accelerators Verge on Breakthrough"
- Regular reviewer of Elsevier journal “CARBON” (impact factor 4.5)
(Reviewed 9 research papers till date)
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : kiran(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali