Dr. Menaka Jha
- PhD (2007-2012): IIT Delhi
- MSc (2004-2006): University of Delhi, Delhi
- Postdoctoral fellow at University of Illinois, Chicago:
- Postdoctoral fellow at University of Louisville: Feb-2013 to Aug-14
- Senior research associate at IIT Delhi :July-2012 to Feb-2013
- Ph.D: July 2007 – June 2012: Thesis title “Nanostructured metal borides: Synthesis and properties” Department of Chemistry, I.I.T. Delhi, India.
- Researcher: June-2006 to June- 2007, University of Delhi
- Nanostructured materials and their application to make electronic devices
- Low temperature stabilization of boron based materials (borane, boride and borates) and stabilization of higher oxidation states in binary and ternary metal oxides
- Quantum dots based Colloidal nanostructures and their application in making flexible electronic devices
- Production and storage of H2 using nanostructured materials
- Solution phase synthesis and intense pulsed light sintering of copper-nickel core-shell nanoparticles for conductive applications, Menaka Jha , Ruvini Dharmadasa, Gabriel Draper, Gamini Sumanasekera, Delaina Amos and Thad Druffel, Nanotechnology, 2015, Just Accepted.
- Field Emission studies from lanthanum hexaboride coated multiwalled carbon nanotubes Rajkumar Patra, S. Ghosh, E. Sheremet, M. Jha, R.D. Rodriguez, D. Lehmann, A.K. Ganguli, O.D.Gordan, H. Schmidt, S. Schulze, D.R.T. Zahn, and O.G. Schmidt , J. Appl. Phys, 2014, Just accepted.
- A Comparative Field Emission Study of MWCNT, CeB6 nanorod, CeB6 Nanoparticle Decorated Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Films, J. Applied Physics 2014, In press.
- Menaka Jha, Michael McCreary, Sreeram Vaddaraju, Delaina Amos, Quantum Dots and Their Application in Light Emitting Devices, Materials Research Society Fall Meeting Proceedings, December 2014, In press.
- Surface decoration through electrostatic interaction leading to enhanced reactivity: Low temperature synthesis of nanostructured chromium borides (CrB and CrB2), Menaka Jha, Bharat Kurmar, Sandeep Kumar, A. K. Ganguli, J. Solid State Chem., 2013, 200, 117-122.
- Room Temperature Synthesis of a Copper Ink for the Intense Pulsed Light Sintering of Conductive Copper Films, R. Dharmadhikari, M. Jha, D.A. AmosThad Druffle, Applied Material and Interfaces, 2013, 13227–13234
- Nanostructured dimagnesium manganese oxide (Spinel): Control of
size, shape and their magnetic and electro catalytic properties, Neha Garg, Menaka, Kandalam V. Ramanujachary, Samuel E. Lofland and Ashok K. Ganguli, J. Solid State Chem,2013, 197, 392-397
- Vertically aligned nanorods of lanthanum hexaboride with efficient
field emission properties study. Menaka, Raj Patra, S. Ghosh, A. K. Ganguli, Solid State Comm, 2013, 153, 1, 35-39
- Vertically aligned nanorods of cerium hexaboride and their enhanced field emission study, Menaka, Rajkumar Patra, Santanu Ghosh, Ashok K. Ganguli, J. Mater Chem., 2012, 22, 6356-6366.
- Multifunctional nanocrystalline chromium boride thin films, Menaka, Sandeep Marka, M. Ghanshyam Krishna, A.K. Ganguli, Mater Lett , 2012, 15, 220-222.
- Manipulating the anisotropy and field emission of lanthanum hexaboride nanorods, Menaka, Raj Patra, S. Ghosh, A. K. Ganguli, RSC Adv., 2012, 2, 7875–7885
- Novel borothermal route for the synthesis of lanthanum cerium hexaborides and their field emission properties Menaka, Raj Patra, S. Ghosh, A. K. Ganguli, J. Solid State Chem, 2012, 194,173-178.
- Effect of substrate and film thickness on the growth, structure, mechanical and optical properties of chromium diboride thin films, Sandeep Marka, Menaka, A K Ganguli and M Ghanashyam Krishna, Surface and coating Technology 2012, 209, 23–31
- Nanostructured nickel manganese oxide: aligned nanostructures and their magnetic properties, Menaka, Neha Garg, Sandeep Kumar, Deepak Kumar, Kandalam V. Ramanujachary, Samuel E. Lofland and Ashok K. Ganguli, J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 18447
- Novel borothermal process for the synthesis of nanocrystalline oxides and borides of niobium, Menaka, K.V. Ramanujachary, S.E. Lofland, Govind, A. K. Ganguli, Dalton Trans., 2011, 40, 7879–7888.
- Controlling the size and morphology of anisotropic nanostructures of nickel borate using microemulsions and their magnetic properties, Menaka, S. Sharma, K.V. Ramanujachary, S.E. Lofland, A. K. Ganguli, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 2011, 360, 393–397.
- Growth and optical properties of chromium borate thin films, Menaka, S.D. Kshirsagar, M.G. Krishna, A. K. Ganugli, Solid State Sci. 2011, 13, 1334-1338.
- Stabilization of Mn(IV) in nanostructured zinc manganese oxide and their facile transformation from nanospheres to nanorods, Menaka, K.V. Ramanujachary, S.E. Lofland, Govind, A. K. Ganguli, J. Mater. Chem. 2011, 21, 8566-8573.
- A new low temperature methodology to obtain pure nanocrystalline nickel borate, Menaka, K. V. Ramanujachary, S. E. Lofland, A. K. Ganguli, J. Organomet. Chem. 695,7,2010,1002-1005.
- Magnetic and photocatalytic properties of nanocrystalline ZnMn2O4, Menaka, M. Qamar, S.E. Lofland, K. V. Ramanujachary, A. K. Ganguli, Bull. Mater. Sci., 32,3, 2009,231–237.
- Controlled growth of nanocrystalline rods, hexagonal plates and spherical particles of the vaterite form of calcium carbonate, J. Ahmed, Menaka, A. K. Ganguli, Cryst. Eng. Comm., 2009, 11, 927 – 932.
- 382962 Quantum Dots and Their Application in Hybrid Light Emitting Devices Menaka Jha, Michael McCreary, Sreeram Vaddiraju, Delaina A Amos, 14 AIChE Annual Meeting
- 387142 Photoelectrochemical Water Reduction of a Copper(I) Oxide Photocathode Made Using an Inkjet Printing Approach Menaka Jha, Venkat Vendra, Corine Finney, Jericho Raymond, Delaina A Amos 14 AIChE Annual Meeting; 11/2014
- Printed Hybrid Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes For Lighting Applications, Michael Z. McCreary, Menaka Jha, Delaina A. Amos, CLEO: Science and Innovations; 06/2013
- Low temperature route for synthesis of cadmium selenide quantum dots and their application in fabricating a QD-LED, Menaka Jha, Michael McCreary, Sreeram Vaddiraju and Delaina A. Amos MRS proceedings, 2014,1630, http://dx.doi.org/10.1557/opl.2014.243
A.K. Ganguli, Menaka, “Composition of a microemulsion to synthesize a lanthanum precursor suitable for development of various nanostructured lanthanum materials (Carbides, nitrides and borides)” Indian patent
application No. : 377/DEL/2011 dated 14-2-2011
V. Bhatacharya, R.K.Pandey, Hima Prashanth, A. Tripathi, A. J. Yadav, R.S. Khopde, S.K.P Newale, A.K. Ganguli and Menaka, “ Process of preparation of amorphous boron nanopowder”, 1861/Del/2013
- T. Drufle, R. Dharmadikari, Menaka Jha, U. S. Provisional Patent Application Serial No. 61/877,077, Method for making copper inks and films, ULRF Ref. No. 14015, C/M Code: UN024/14015
- T. Drufle, R. Dharmadikari, Menaka Jha, U. S. Provisional Patent Application Serial No. 62/043,967, Core-shell nanoparticles and films comprising the same
ULRF Ref. No. 14047.
Menaka and Ashok K. Ganguli, Book Chapter titled “Novel Chemical Process for obtaining vertically aligned metal hexaborides (LaB6 and CeB6) nanorods for field emission properties” in a book titled “Modern Aspects of functional materials” dedicated to Prof. C N R Rao published by The International Journal of Science Research, Tumkur University, India, Pg. 47-60, 2013
Presented a poster entitled “Nanostructured ZnMn2O4 for photocatalytic and other properties” in International Conference on Advance Materials (ICAM 2008) organized by school of chemical sciences- Mahatma Gandhi University held at Hotel Windsor Castle, Kottayam, kerala, India from 18th Feb to 22 th Feb, 2008
- Presented a poster entitled “Synthesis and magnetic properties of nanostructured zinc manganese oxide” in International Symposium on Material Chemistry (ISMC 2008) organized by Chemistry Division , Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai , India from 2nd Dec to 6th Dec, 2008.
- Presented a poster entitled “Synthesis of nanocrystalline transition metal boride and metal borates” in 12th International Symposium on Inorganic Ring Systems organized by IIT Mumbai held in Goa, August 16 - 21, 2009
- Presented a poster entitled “Synthesis of nanostructured transition metal borides and borates” in winter school on physics and chemistry of materials, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR),Bangalore, Nov-30 to Dec-5,2009
- Delivered oral presentation entitled “Microemulsion route for synthesis of nanomaterials” in 3rd SERC Summer School on Solid State and Materials Chemistry at Solid state and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian institute of Science Bangalore. from17-06-2010 to 7-07-2010
- Attended the workshop on “Hands on training on workshop- 2011 on computational methods for experimental spectroscopy (Using CASTEP software)” held in Rukmini Devi Institute of Advance Study, Delhi from 5-01-2011 to 7-01-2011.
- Presented a poster entitled “Synthesis of nanostructured transition metal borides and borates”, Indian Habitat centre, New Delhi, Oct-17 to Oct-20, 2011
- Presented a poster entitled “Nanostructures of Lanthanum and Cerium hexaborides for application as field emitters” on the occasion of National Science day at IIT Delhi, New Delhi, 28-Feb, 2012.
- Delivered oral presentation entitled “Nanostructured Metal borides” on the occasion of National Science Day at IIT Delhi, New Delhi, 28-Feb, 2012.
- Presented a poster entitled “Nanostructures of me” in Kentucky nanosymposium held at University Club, University of Louisville, 200 East Brandeis Ave, Louisville, KY, August 16-17, 2013.
- Delivered oral presentation entitled “ Quantum dots and their application in Inorganic Organic hybrid Light emitting devices” In MRS 2013 fall meeting held 2-6 Dec-2013 at Boston, MA.
- Elsevier Journal, Materials Letters: No. of reviewed articles: 15 review
- Springer, Bulletin of Materials Science, No. of reviewed articles: 4 review
- RSC Publication, RSC Advances: No. of reviewed articles: 1 review
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : menaka(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali