♦ PhD - Plasmonic Metamaterials,
International Max Planck Research Schools for Science and Technology of Nanostructures,
Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), Halle, Germany, 2011- 2015.
♦ Masters - Materials Science and Manufacturing Engineering,
Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark, 2009-2011.
♦ B.Tech. - Metallurgical and Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT-R), Roorkee, India, 2005-2009.
Fabrication and optical characterization of plasmonic metamaterials with a view towards nanodevices.
Designing plasmonic structures for low cost sensing applications.
Targeted metamaterials for clocking device and hyperlens application.
Nanostructured materials for energy harvesting and H2 Storage (+ photophysical studies).
Gels: Aerogels and Hydrogels for plasmonic activity.
- International Travel Support (ITS) for META'15 NYC, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India 2015.
- Best Poster Prize, 5th International Conference on Luminescence and its Applications ICLA'15, organized by PES University, Bengaluru in collaboration with Luminescence Society of India, prize is sponsored by Material Research Society of Singapore, 2015
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) Doctoral Fellowship, Martin Luther University of Halle- Wittenberg - IMPRS, 2011-2014.
- International Max Planck Research School for Science (IMPRS) and Technology of Nanostructures, Doctoral Scholarship, Max-Plank Halle, 2011.
- Copenhagen Youth Goodwill Ambassador Corps, Denmark, 2010.
- Exchange Student, KTH Sweden - IIT Roorkee, Spring 2008.
- Awarded Scholarship for International summer course in materials processes ISCMP‘07, KTH Sweden, 2007.
• N. Sardana, V. Talalaev, F. Heyroth, G. Schmidt, C. Bohley, A. Sprafke and J. SchillingLocalized surface plasmon resonance in the IR regime; Optics Express, 24 (1) (2016), 254-261
• N. Sardana, T. Birr, S. Schlenker, C. Reinhardt and J. Schilling; Surface plasmons on ordered and bicontinuous spongy nanoporous gold; New Journal of Physics, 16 (6) (2014), 063053.
• M. Schade, , B. Fuhrmann, C. Bohley, S. Schlenker, N. Sardana, H. S. Leipner and J. Schilling; Regular arrays of Al nanoparticles for plasmonic applications; Journal of Applied Physics, 115 (2013) 084309.
• N. Sardana, F. Heyroth and J. Schilling; Propagating surface plasmons on nanoporous gold; Journal of the Optical Society of America B 29 (7) (2012) 1778-1783.
• M. Mis, N. Sardana, and S. Seetharaman; The synthesis and characterization of Ni-W-C alloy powders by H2-CH4 reaction with oxides; High Temperature Materials and Processes 27 (4) (2008) 209-222.
- Chemical Frontiers, Goa, India 2016.
- 1st INST-Inhouse Symposium, INST-Mohali, 2016.
- Frontiers in Light-Matter Interaction, IIT Ropar, Roopnagar 2016
- 6th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics META'15, City College of New York, NYC 2015.
- International Conference on Luminescence and its Applications ICLA'15, Bengaluru, India 2015.
- Nano-IMPRS Halle, Germany 2013.
- 4th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics META`13, Sharjah, UAE 2013.
- Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft DPG´13, Regensburg, Germany 2013.
- 3rd International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics META´12, Paris, France 2012.
- SPIE Photonics Europe SPIE´12, Brussels, Belgium 2012.
- Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft DPG´12, Berlin, Germany 2012.
- Seminar - Materials Processing towards Properties, Sweden 2010.
- Knowledge management & knowledge sharing in organizations for scientists and technologists, Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, IIPA-New Delhi 2016.
- NanoDev 2015, Electronics Dept., July 20-25, PEC university of technology 2015.
- Sensitization workshop for women, DST, Feb 4, Panjab University 2015.
- Fabrication of metamaterials, EUPROMETA, June17-21, Uni. of Glasgow, U.K. 2013.
- International summer course in materials processes, May to July 2007, KTH, Sweden, 2007.
- Life Member: Materials Research Society of India.
- Life Member: Powder Metallurgy Association of India.
- Life Member: Luminescence Society of India .
- Life Member: Optical Society of India (L-755).
- Life Member: Chandigarh Region Innovation and Knowledge Cluster.
- IDC 602: Seminar course for INST Students, INST Spring 2016.
- INS 660: Plasmonics and its applications, INST Autumn 2016.
- Course part: INS 655: Photoluminescence spectroscopy with emphasis on applications in materials science including nanomaterials, INST Spring 2015-2016.
- Course part: INS652: Characterization of nanomaterials, INST 2015, 2016.
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : nsardana(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali