- Ph D (2009): CSIR-NIIST Thiruvananthapuram.
- M Sc (2003): Sacred Heart College, Kochi, Kerala.
- April 2015 onwards: Associate Professor (Scientist-E), Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali, India.
- May 2012-March 2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Cambridge, UK.
- July 2009-April 2012: Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA.
Research in our group focuses on the development of novel soft nanomaterials. We are exploring a self-assembly mediated methodology for the synthesis of functional soft nanostructures. We focus on developing luminescent organic materials and nucleic acid analogues for applications in sensing, organic electronics and chemical biology. Please see the group page for details.Members of the group will gain skills in synthesis and characterization of organic molecules and nanomaterials, as well as a variety of spectroscopic and microscopic techniques.
- INSPIRE Faculty Award by DST, Government of India in February 2013 (not availed).
- SERC Bio-inorganic Pre-doctoral Fellowship awarded by DST, Government of India in October 2006.
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, June 2005.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2004.
- An autocatalytic system of photooxidation-driven substitution reactions on a FeII4L6 cage framework, P. P. Neelakandan, A. Jiménez, J. D. Thoburn, J. R. Nitschke, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 127, 14586-14590.
- Stimuli responsive metal-ligand assemblies, A. J. McConnell,† C. S. Wood,† P. P. Neelakandan,† J. R. Nitschke, Chem. Rev., 2015, 115, 7729-7793.
- Ground and excited state electronic spectra of perylenediimide dimers with flexible and rigid geometries in DNA conjugates, P. P. Neelakandan, T. A Zeidan, M. McCullagh, G. C. Schatz, J. Vura-Weis, C. H. Kim, M. R. Wasielewski, F. D. Lewis, Chem. Sci., 2014, 5, 973-981.
- Hydrophobic self-assembly of a perylenediimide-linked DNA dumbbell into supramolecular polymers, P. P. Neelakandan, Z. Pan, M. Hariharan, Y. Zheng, H. Weissman, B. Rybtchinski, F. D. Lewis, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 15808-15813.
- Functional cyclophanes: Promising hosts for optical biomolecular recognition, D. Ramaiah, P. P. Neelakandan, A. K. Nair, R. R. Avirah, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2010, 39, 4158-4168.
- DNA assisted long lived excimer formation in a cyclophane, P. P. Neelakandan, D. Ramaiah, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 8407-8411.
- A supramolecular ON-OFF-ON fluorescence assay for selective recognition of GTP, P. P. Neelakandan, M. Hariharan, D. Ramaiah, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 11334-11335.
CONTACT INFORMATION :
Tel: 0172 - 2210075
Email Id : ppn(at)inst(dot)ac(dot)in
Office Address :
Institute of Nano Science & Technology
Habitat Centre, Sector - 64, Phase X, Mohali